Source: Equator Initiative
On Thursday 31 October 2013, the Equator Initiative hosted a presentation at UNDP headquarters with representatives of two Equator Prize 2012 winning communities from East Africa. Presenters included: Edward Norton, UN Goodwill Ambassador for Biodiversity and spokesperson for the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust in Kenya; and Dr. Fetien Abay, Director of the Institute of Environment, Gender and Development Studies at Mekelle University and spokesperson for Abrha Weatsbha Natural Resource Management Initiative in Ethiopia. The session – presented in a room that was filled to capacity – was moderated by Adriana Dinu, Deputy Executive Coordinator of the UNDP/GEF.
Champions! at 7th Intercollegiate sports competition at Haromaya University
The second German medical week is being held in Mekelle University, College of Health Sciences and Ayder Referral Hospital
Mekelle University, College of Health Sciences and Ayder Referral Hospital is holding a German medical week in Ayder starting at February 15 and continuing until March 3rd, 2014.
Mekelle University Men's Football Team has won The Cup in the 7th Intercollegiate sports competition at Haromaya University
በሃሮማያ ዩኒቨርሲቲ ሲካሄድ በነበረው የኢትዮጵያ ከፍተኛ የትምህርት ተቋማት እግር የወንዶች ኳሰ የዩኒቨርስቲያችን ቡድን ተጋጣሚውን በማሸነፍ የፍፃሜ ዋንጫ ኣግኝተዋል።
አንኳን ደስ አለን!!!!!!!!!!!
MU sport Team in Haromaya are getting good results:
በ 14/06/06 በተደረጉት የግማሽ ፍፃሜ ጨዋታዎች በወንዶች መቐለ አዲስ አበባ ዩኒቨርሲቲን 1-0 እንዲሁም አምቦ እና ድሬዳዋ በመደበኛው ሰዓት 1 አቻ ሆነው በፍፁም ቅጣት ምት አምቦ 4-5 በማሸነፉ የ7ኛው የመንግስት ዩኒቨርሲቲዎች የእግር ኳስ የፍፃሜ ተፋላሚ ለመሆን ችሏል፡፡
በመሆኑም በሁለቱም ፆታዎች የፍፃሜ ጨዋታ ነገ ይደረጋሉ፡
- MU Basketball Team has beaten AAU and got the Cup
- MU Badminton Team won Cup.
- The Football Team is to Compete for the final with Ambo University Team- and this is to be broadcasted live on ETV in the afternoon.
MU Community Wishes good luck to our team
A panel discussion on the 39th Anniversary of TPLF formation under the theme "TPLF Led Tigrean Revolution in Pre and Post 1991 Ethiopia :causes and courses dynamics"
Source Aiga Forum
Panelist Ato Sebehat Nega, Director of Ethiopian International Institute of Peace and Dev't
Organized by Mekelle University Form of political Science and Strategic studies (MU-PPSS)
The institute of Gender, environment and development at Mekelle University representing the Integrated Seed Sector Development Program of Tigray has participated in a workshop organized by the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency on “Direct Seed Marketing Implementing Planning” at Wukro, Tigray Regional State, on January 30 & 31, 2014. The workshop was organized with the objective of sharing experiences of direct seed marketing implementation in Amhara, Ormoia and Southern Nations and Nationalities and people regions and designing a workable action plan to effectively run direct seed marketing in Tigray region in 2014.
- Hermella’s Journey And A Drop Of Water
- Photograph of MU main campus today and 80 years ago
- MU Appoints New Vice President for Research and Community Services
- Institute of Climate and Society Successfully Delivers Awareness Creation and Capacity Building Trainings on Climate Affairs
- Direct Marketing commenced at Seed Producer Cooperatives
- Students of MU establishes PEACE FORUM
- MU Hosts National Conference on the Potential of Heritage Tourism in Ethiopia
- Department at MU Carries Out First Patient Outreach Clinic
- Mekelle University Management Wishes a Happy MOULID
- President Wishes Happy New Year, Christmas