The Alumni Affairs Office, which is mandated with a key mission of creating a long-lasting connection with former graduates of Mekelle University, is currently established as a separate office aiming to function its activities effectively. It is to recalled that the office was under the Registrar and Alumni Directorate of the university.
The newly established Alumni Affairs Office works with a wide range of partners to assist the advancement and internationalization of Mekelle University, its students and the staff.
The Alumni Affairs Office objectives includes;
- Building relationships, networks and opportunities
- Mobilizing mutual valuable experiences and resources between Alumni and MU
- Providing guidance, goods, services, and programs that facilitate the life-long process of education and personal development for Alumni
- Supporting alumni to develop a career path
- Disseminate scholarship opportunities and more
The Alumni Affairs Office will soon avail a platform for Alumni registration & Alumni Community Network (Social Media for Alumni). What is more, Mr. Ermias Gidey is appointed as the Head of the Alumni Affairs Office.