ICT services started to develop within Mekelle University from having limited services with very few old machines into incorporating today's advanced computing resources to better services.
Today, Mekelle University ICT Centre has established a university wide ICT Infrastructure and built capacity to serve the University core processes and outreach the external community with required ICT consultancy services and other research/development requirements.
Staffing and Departments
Currently, the ICT Centre has more than 18 full-time professionals, well trained abroad and in Ethiopia, equipped with advanced resources able to run and deliver the ICT technologies required by the University and external community needs.
The centre also has organised its processes and staff in to the four departments listed below:
Network and Infrastructure Provision
Application and System Development
ICT Academy and Innovation Services
Services and Programs
Network Design and Installation
Systems and Applications Development
Web Hosting(University level) and Development
Corporate Level ICT Consultancy (ERP, Strategies, Policy & Security)
- MU-ICT Academy Programs (Training and Certification )
- Professional Training Programs (System Administration, Web/software Development, Network Administration and Others)
- Professional International and Local Certification
- Industry Specific Professional Skill Development Programs
- ICT Related Research and Development Programs
- Leased line broadband Internet Infrastructure
- Three campuses networked with Fiber optic cable
- Wireless Access Points
- More than 20 Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux and Open Solaris Servers
Mekelle University ICT CentreMekelle University, Enadyesus(Main) Campus+251 344410966/64/78 Phone+251 344409304 Fax231 P.O. Box